Monday, May 23, 2011

Topher is OUT of our bedroom....

...and into our closet! LOL Yes, it’s true, I moved Topher into the closet and tonight is his first night to sleep there. I’m simply not ready to trudge upstairs for middle of the night feedings. Plus we only have one crib and Liam is still sleeping in it. The plan eventually is to move Liam to a new room and his “big boy” bed, but I’m kinda dragging my feet. The thought of Liam being able to get out of bed on his own scares me, especially since he likes to stay up and play at bedtime. But, we were definitely ready for Topher to be out of our bedroom. So, the closet is his new room! Luckily we have a large closet and its separated from our room by our bathroom. Here’s a picture:



These were already here, but I'll show a picture anyways. We put some Ikea cubby holes in our closet for baskets of clothes, toys, baby stuff, etc...



For those of you who are worried about my child being shut in the closet, you can stop worrying. Our closet even has a vent. : )



The one thing missing was the rocking chair for middle of the night feedings. Luckily my wonderful hubby got me one for Mother’s Day! Sadly, the opening to our closet is one whole *size of my foot* smaller than any other doorway. And yes, that is how I measure things. : ) After multiple attempts I realized there was NO WAY it was going to fit through the door. Here’s a picture of my new rocking chair…



Luckily, the rocking chair we have in Liam’s room fits easily through the door! This is the rocking chair my mother rocked us in as babies, and it’s the chair I nursed Liam in. So it’s perfect! And my new rocking chair made its home in Liam’s room for story-, prayer-, and song-time before bed. Here’s a picture of the family rocking chair in Topher’s “new room.”





Fingers crossed we have a great night! Day 2 of daycare is tomorrow!

2 comments:

Pearls of Wisdom with Reverend Bolton said...

You are so creative! Love the blog!
Dr-Kahala Bolton

Casey B said...

After seeing this Barker and I thought about it and our closet and bathroom are both bigger than our dorms were! How spoiled are we? Oh- and we put A into her toddler bed, we'll move her to a trundle in a couple of months, and she NEVER gets out of the toddler bed until we open her door. When we hear her on the monitor we open her door, turn on the light, and only then does she sit up and swing her legs over. Maybe Liam will be the same!