Thursday, December 18, 2008

Happy 3 Years!

Yesterday was mine and Will's third year marriage anniversary. It's crazy how quickly time passes. To celebrate we took the day off from work and went to the ICE! exhibit at the Gaylord Texan in Grapevine. Here are some of my favorite pictures from the day.





Though we have been married three years, I have now been with Will for ten. I've truly grown up with him. Some of my greatest growth, has been since we've gotten married. I'm proud to call myself Will's wife. Though as independent as I've always loved to claim that I am, I am happy to have him to depend on.

In the work I do as a hospice social worker, I love to ask older couples what the secret to a long, happy marriage is. I've met several couples who have been married OVER 70 years! The answers I get always vary, but among the center of them include good communication, putting your partner first, and as one husband jokingly (or not!) put it, "Do everything she says." :) One thing I've learned over the past year is that love is a choice. We can choose to be loving every day, even when there are days when we are upset or angry or frustrated. It can be easy to slip into a pattern of routine, where we stop showing one another how much we appreciate and love each other. My hope for our marriage is that we hold on to our appreciation and show it daily through our actions. Though we haven't always been successful at this, we have certainly grown and learned its value. Thank you Will for putting up with me, even on the days I fail to show how much I love you! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your aniversary. I can not believe how fast 3 years can go.