Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Turkey Trot = DONE!!

After a month of semi-training, Cara and I finally ran the Fort Worth YMCA Turkey Trot 10K last week on Thanksgiving. We ran at a very stable pace so that we wouldn't tire out too quickly and except for an impromptu potty break (thank goodness for big cars parked on the street!!) we pretty much ran the whole way. Gladly there are no pictures to document the event because I'm sure no one would want to see a picture of me freezing in running shorts...

All in all, it was a very pleasant experience jogging with Cara. There were times when I started to speed up and she would yank me back. Then there was a time when she provided a nice distraction to other runners while I had my potty break (once again, thank you SUV!!). Hopefully the Turkey Trot can become a yearly tradition in the Wallace household. Worst case, it will provide a tiny bit of last minute exercise before we stuff ourselves with turkey.

No comments: