Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Captured Moments

Well, I recognize I have been slow to blog these days, but I am going to work hard to start keeping up. Though this is late, it’s something I wanted to share. We were fortunate enough to have photographer and friend, Carleen Sparkman, from Charm Me Photography, in the delivery room with us when Liam was born. She captured some very dear moments with her camera during Liam’s birth. I wanted to share several of our favorites on our blog.

Here are a few shots before Liam’s arrival. One of Will and I grasping hands (something we did A LOT of during labor) and the other during a break from pushing. I love this one because I think it captures the anticipation of the moment, as well as the connection between Will and me.





Will was worried about being present during the delivery because of his weak stomach for blood. I have to say though, I’m very proud of him. :) He was fantastic throughout Liam’s birth and even made the decision to cut the umbilical cord. Here is the picture captured by Carleen.



Next is my favorite photograph. This is the moment after Liam’s birth where Will and I are told we’ve had a baby boy. It was difficult to wait the full pregnancy not knowing the sex of our baby, but this moment was so worth it. Though it didn’t matter to me either way, my face shows complete happiness when I hear “It’s a BOY!” Also, the look on Will’s face is priceless. The first time I saw this photograph I cried.

No comments: