Saturday, October 11, 2008

The Color Purple

Today we had the privilege of attending a showing of The Color Purple at Dallas Music Hall. I had no intentions of seeing it while it was in town, but my aunt mentioned she wanted to see it and it seemed like it would be the perfect birthday gift for her after the Aspen trip she gave us. We turned it into a Wallace family event and bought tickets for us, my aunt, and my parents. I must say we all had a great time.

If you haven't had a chance to see the play yet I recommend you go see it. The show is still playing through October 19. It is just as good as the movie, but has some nice songs added in to add some lighter moments. I can't wait to get to New York City sometime so I can see the play on Broadway with the star cast. I'm even man enough to admit that I got a little teary in the finale. So if you are into theater at all I suggest you go see it.

For more information on show times click here.

No comments: