Saturday, January 24, 2009

Pregnant...

Pregnancy is a funny thing. It's amazing how much of my energy goes to this little baby growing inside me. What's also strange is reading about what to expect, then actually experiencing it. Here's some fun stories from my pregnancy so far...

Food:

Typically I LOVE sweets. But lately I don't really want much to do with them. However, I'm all about the chili-cheese french fries. Sadly, not a very healthy craving. The other thing I've noticed about food is that I no longer overeat. I used to keep eating just because something tasted good. Now, when I'm full, I simply can't take another bite. Hopefully I can make this a habit! What's funny though is that when I'm done I push my plate towards Will and encourage him to finish my plate. So far it's resulted in him gaining right along beside me! Though he's now decided he can no longer continue this habit.

The other thing that's been interesting in regards to food is the fact that I can be rather finicky. I'm often scowling my face at Will's plate of food, which likely annoys him, but I think he also enjoys the fact that I'm no longer begging for bites of his food before he's able to take a bite. Well, unless I'm scowling at my own plate instead. At one point Will and I went to eat at an Italian restaurant. Though what I ordered 'sounded' awesome, the second it was in front of me I could barely take a bite. Luckily my hubby has decided that when it comes to food, the pregnant lady gets her way. :) His baked ziti was delicious!

Exhaustion:

I've always been a good sleeper, but lately I sleep way more than usual. I can come home from work, take a two hour nap, and still sleep a full 8 hours that night. I'm sometimes SO tired! I think Will feels a little lonely these days, as I sometimes have so little energy. I'm hoping that this second trimester will bring me a little more energy. We'll see I suppose...

Hormones:

I'm not really a big crier. Not that I don't cry, but I'm pretty good at keeping my emotions in check. What's strange now, is that while I can keep my composure when working in heart-wrenchingly sad hospice situations, I now lose it at the smallest thing to do with kids. I've become one of those women who cry at commercials and tv shows. Then, earlier this week Will and I were at the UTA basketball game. At halftime they had this whole group of 4th graders do a jump rope routine to "Cupid Shuffle." About halfway through I looked at Will and told him I was going to cry. I don't think he believed me at first, until I was seriously crying. It was something about the thought of having a child and watching them participate in stuff. Seriously though?! I cried at the jump roping 4th graders at half time of the UTA basketball game. Who knew I was such a sap. ;)

1 comment:

The Martin Family said...

it is weird to see things you read in books happen in real life, like the different pregnancy symptoms, every time i watch a tv show now i cry, lol its frustrating :) good to hear how your doing!