Friday, March 6, 2009

We Take Photos!!

Cara and I are in the middle of our second photography class through UTA Continuing Education. It's been pretty interesting taking a class with Mrs. Wallace because you can see the differences in how we learn. Cara kind of sits in class and takes in everything, occasionally making a note in her spiral. Me on the other hand, I hang onto just about every word and am slowly filling my composition notebook with all different kinds of photography facts and tips. I read the book for the class and other books, while Cara's photography book is collecting dust on her night stand. So one would think that when we had our field trip assignment at the Fort Worth Botanical Gardens I would end up with these magnificent pictures while hers looked very dull and boring. Not even close...

My wife can take some really amazing pictures. I purposely avoided looking at her pictures until we had the viewing in class and I was glad I waited. I think her pictures were probably the best ones in the class. She has the eye and the patience to find artistic photographs in what I would consider to be boring subjects. I took some average pictures that I was happy with technically, but I am still trying to grow my photographer's eye.

This is an example of the types of pictures Mrs. Wallace took on the field trip. It could easily be in a wildlife book.


This is probably my favorite picture that I took on the field trip.

1 comment:

Cara said...

Thanks babe! :) Your post made me blush a little. I love you!