Tuesday, March 31, 2009

My Baby Has Already Hit Me ;-)

Last night, at approximately 5 minutes past midnight I was the victim of an assault by my unborn child...and I enjoyed every second of it....

Cara has been telling me for a couple weeks that she could feel the baby moving around in her belly. I believed her, but I just didn't get as excited as she did because, well... the baby isn't inside me so I don't feel a thing. But last night Cara was convinced that if I pressed my hand against her belly for a long enough period of time I would feel some movement. So I obliged, partially to please her, but mainly so I could tell her "I told you so" when I didn't feel anything. Boy was I surprised when I felt something inside her belly hit/kick my hand. I was so shocked that I pulled my hand away and began to step backwards as I let out some excited laughter.

I'm still in a bit of shock that I can actually feel the baby moving around, but I will always remember that my first interaction with my child was when he tried to hit me from inside the womb. It's nice to see that the baby already has Papi's Braveheart spirit. :-)

2 comments:

The Martin Family said...

haha, this cracks me up i can totally see will jumping back in shock just chuckling away LOL! congrats on feeling that baby Will!!

Casey B said...

Audrey used to always hit and kick Barker. Once during an exam she even hit the doctor. He laughed and called her feisty but I was so embarrassed. But she always liked her personal space. Which is very limited when you're crashing in someone else's belly for a few months.