Wednesday, May 13, 2009

When It Rains, It Pours...

It's been a crazy week so far and it's only Wednesday...

On Monday I woke up feeling extremely exhausted so I had to take the day off of work. I lounged around the house and allowed my body to recuperate. Later in the day I thought I should probably take a shower because I know Cara appreciates coming home to a clean husband. I hopped in the shower only to be greeted by an arctic blast...

We had our water heater serviced a couple weeks ago because it wasn't sending out any hot water. It worked for a couple days and then back to the cold water. I searched online and found that our water heater was basically making the water too hot so the temperature switch would turn it off. So I started a daily exercise of going into the garage, removing the thermostat panel and pushing a magic red button. This would allow the water heater to produce scalding hot water that would last for a day or so. So on this day, I had forgot to push the button and Cara had used the last of the hot water for her shower. I couldn't take it anymore so I called the service man back out. He came out on Tuesday and replaced the water heater thermostat so I was returned to a normal warm water bliss. It lasted shortly...

That night after I ate some wonderful garlic pork chops (prepared by yours truly) and watched Kris Allen kill Kanye West's "Heartless" on American Idol I heard Cara yell, "Why is the thermostat showing 76??" In our household, Cara has demanded that the thermostat never be higher than 73 when she is home (now that she is pregnant, it's more like 71...) so I knew something was up. I go outside and look at the outdoor A/C unit and see a tiny wet area under some hoses. The thing is not turning on so I know right then it is going to be a warm night. I call the home warranty service (so thankful our realtor told us to get the service) to get someone out to look at it and they won't be out until Friday. That means there will be two more days with no A/C...

I know it stinks to have to get two things fixed in one week, but at this point I can only laugh. What's even funnier is that as I am typing, someone is on their way to view our house at a scheduled showing. Those poor people are going to roast...

No comments: