Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day!

So, today on Will’s first semi-official Father’s Day, he attended a Breastfeeding class with me. Can you imagine his excitement as we learned about proper latch-on, different breastfeeding holds, and troubleshooting normal difficulties? He is already such a dedicated father, not to mention his ongoing dedication as a husband. Though I know I drive him nuts with my pregnancy idiosyncrasies, he is so incredibly patient. I can’t wait to see him hold our baby in his arms! I’m so grateful for him! And also especially grateful for his father, who helped to shape him into the man he is today.

And on that same note, I can’t go further without also paying tribute to my own father, who helped shape me into the person I am. My dad and I spent a lot of time together when I was growing up, due to the many number of hours spent to and from soccer practices and games. I’m not sure I remember a single game my Dad wasn’t at, including in college. Though I often joke that my Dad is a man who knows how to say the same thing 100 different ways, most of the time every word is full of wisdom.

So hat’s off to the dad’s in my life. :) Happy Father’s Day!

1 comment:

The Martin Family said...

so awesome that he went with you rusty enjoyed our bfing class as well HAHA as much as a new dad can, that class really helped prepare me for what was to come as well as ALL the tons of info on www.kellymom.com WONDERFUL website :)